Last Updated: October 11, 2019
The Regulation (EU2016 / 679 – D.Lgs. 101/2018) concerning the protection of personal data (hereinafter, the “Regulation”) establishes the rules concerning the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, as well as rules concerning the free movement of such data and protects the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons, with particular reference to the right to protection of personal data.
Article. 4, n 1 of the Regulation states that “Personal Data” must be understood as any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “Interested”). “Treatment” is understood as any operation or complex of operations carried out with or without the aid of automated processes and applied to Personal Data or set of Personal Data, such as the collection, registration, organization, structuring, conservation, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, comparison or interconnection, limitation, portability, cancellation or destruction (Article 4, n2 of the Rules).
Pursuant to Articles 12 and following of the Regulation, it is also envisaged that the interested party should be made aware of the appropriate information concerning: (i) the processing activities that are carried out by the Product Owner and; (ii) the rights of the interested parties.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you and from third-parties, as well as automatically through your use of Free/Batch Data Collector.
- Information We Collect Directly from You. When you register, we collect your name, email address, password, and any additional information you choose to give us. We may also collect your payment information through our third-party payment processor and information when you contact us.
- Information We Collect from Third-parties. We also collect information about you from third-parties, such as organizations you are associated with or with which you collaborate. For example, we collect information about you from third-parties in connection with you joining their organization on our Site or collaborating with them, such as your name, email addresses, titles, roles and other information these third-parties provide us. We may also collect information on how you are using the Site in the context of such organization or third-parties and provide that information to the organization you are associated with or with which you are collaborating as described under the Sharing of Information section below.
- We store the information that we receive from social networks with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. We do not collect or access your third-party social network passwords. Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit or use our Site; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your name, email address, and other personal information. Please see the sections “Cookies and Tracking”, “Processing and conservation methods”, and “Storage of Data” below for more information.
The provision of Personal Data is optional and any refusal by the interested party implies the inability of the Owner to send communications containing information relating to the Product Owner or relating to promotions or other activities organized by the Product Owner.
Use of Information
We use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Customer service. We use your information for customer service purposes, including to provide services to you; to provide you with technical support, or other similar purposes; and to establish and update your customer account.
- Marketing. We use your information for marketing purposes, including to provide you with special offers, promotions, news, and newsletters; to contact you about products we think may interest you; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third-party websites.
- Business. We use information we collect for business development purposes, including in presentations, blogs and papers we publish.
Research and development. We use your information for research and development purposes, including to improve our Site, services, and Member and Visitor experience; to understand our Member and Visitor demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes.
Sharing of Information
Personal Data will be accessible to the people in charge of processing and to any external collaborators. Personal data are not subject to disclosure.
We may share your information only in the following ways:
- Business transfers. We may share your information with another entity if we are acquired by or merged with another legal entity, if substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another legal entity, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of a similar transfer of assets.
- Customer service. We may share your information with the owner or administrator of any organization you belong to on our Site for customer service purposes, including to resolve service issues; to provide you with technical support, or other similar purposes; and to establish and update your customer account.
- In response to legal process. We may share your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement.
Processing and Conservation Methods
In compliance with the provisions of Article 5 of the Regulation, the Personal Data processed are:
(i) Treated in a lawful, correct and transparent way towards the interested party;
(ii) Collected and registered for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and subsequently processed in terms compatible with those purposes;
(iii) Appropriate, relevant and limited to what is necessary with respect to the purposes for which they are processed;
(iv) Exact and updated;
(v) Treated in such a way as to guarantee an adequate level of security;
(vi) Kept in a form that allows the identification of the interested party for a period of time not exceeding the achievement of the purposes for which they are processed. Personal Data will be processed by the Product Owner with automated and non-automated tools; the electronic storage of Personal Data takes place in secure servers located in areas with controlled access and restricted access. Specific security measures are observed to prevent data loss, illicit or incorrect use or unauthorized access.
You have certain choices regarding the information we collect about you. For example, you may:
- Request to modify the personal information you submitted to us. At any time you will be able to access Personal Data in order to correct, delete or generally exercise all rights that are expressly recognized in accordance with the applicable legislation on the protection of Personal Data, and in detail: (I) the right to obtain confirmation of the existence or not of Personal Data and their communication in an intelligible form, to know the origin, purposes and methods of processing; (II) the right to obtain an indication of the identity of the Product Owner, data processors and the subjects or categories of subjects to whom the Personal Data may be communicated; (III) the right to verify the accuracy of Personal Data or request its integration or updating or correction; the right to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of personal data processed in violation of the law, as well as their limitation under the law and to oppose in any case, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons to their Treatment; the right to the portability of their Personal Data, as well as the right to propose a complaint, a report or an appeal to the Guarantor for the protection of Personal Data, where the conditions are met.
- Opt out of promotional email communications. You may opt out of promotional emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
- Deactivate your account. If you have an account with us, you may deactivate your account by submitting your request through the Account page on our Site.
When you deactivate your account, we delete your account and any related information associated with your account, such credit usage, and stored recipes. If you have created an organization on our Site with Members, that organization will remain on our Site after you have deactivated your account. If there are no Members in your organization, we will delete that organization.
The applicable law also recognizes the right of data subjects to oppose the processing of personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, as well as the right to withdraw their consent to the processing of personal data at any time, without prejudice to this, however the lawfulness of the processing put in place by the Product Owner on the basis of the consent given before the revocation.
Storage of Data
Personal Data is kept for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected and submitted for treatment.
It is however understood that, once the purpose of the processing is exhausted or in the event of exercising the right to oppose the treatment or revoking the consent given, the Product Owner will in any case, or legitimately, retain the Personal Data, in whole or in part, for certain purposes such as asserting or defending a right in court (for example in the event of possible disputes with respect to the activities performed by the Product Owner) or for purposes of legal obligations.
Cookies and Tracking
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Note that if you get a new computer, install a new browser, erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading your browser) you may also clear out any opt-out cookie.
- Embedded Scripts. We use embedded scripts, which is code designed to collect information about how Visitors interact with a website, such as the website which linked them to our Site.
Do Not Track. Our Site do not respond to Do Not Track signals, but we do not track your activities once you leave our Site. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
We do not collect any information regarding your scraping activity. The privacy of your navigation, lists, and settings within Free / Batch Data Collector will always be guaranteed by the local execution of the application. If you use recipes or BDC Hub (the Batch Data Collector client interaction manager), information you share with us is kept confidential, including any list(s) of sites visited. Nevertheless, in the event of unlawful behavior and/or upon notification from competent authorities, we may choose to declassify information on an as-necessary basis. Simply put, any violation of privacy regulations or policies for the use of one or more services during your mining activities will result in the full responsibility being placed solely and exclusively on the user of the product. We strongly encourage you to act responsibly.
International Transfers of Information
If you are located anywhere outside of the European Union, please be aware that information we collect about you, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the European Union.
Because we are a E.U.-based company, E.U. governmental agencies, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access or obtain your personal information (for example, in response to a court order) or personal information contained in your Submissions to a private side of our Site. By accessing or using Free/Batch Data Collector, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information, including personal information, in the European Union.
Personal Data may be transferred to countries of the European Union and to additional countries with respect to the European Union for the purposes referred to above. In case of transfer of Personal Data outside the European Union, in the absence of a decision for the adequacy of the European Commission, the provisions of the applicable legislation regarding the transfer of Personal Data to non-EU countries will be respected.
Our Site is for general audiences and is not targeted to children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you on our Site. However, no data security measures can guarantee any level of complete or total security. Your access or use of Free/Batch Data Collector indicates that you understand and accept this risk.
You should take steps to protect your account by, among other things, choosing a strong password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password information private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Holder and Manager of the Treatment
Product Owner is the Individual Company Iulio Lo Piccolo, P.IVA IT02523590350, C.F. LPCLIU81T30G273H, based in Reggio Emilia, Via Mutilati del lavoro 4/1, e-mail: email@example.com.
Communications and Exercise of the Rights of the Interested Party
To exercise the rights referred to in paragraph “Your Choices”, the interested party can contact at any time the Internal Responsible of the Treatment indicated in “Holder and Manager of the Treatment”, by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Notice